Junior Email Marketing Specialist
Advertiser Relations - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Junior Email Marketing Specialist - Advertiser Relations
Our B2B Email Marketing team is looking for an analytically minded individual who can scale up our email activities, optimize campaigns, break the barriers of classic email marketing and strive to be a leader in the B2B email marketing industry.
What you'll do:
- Set up, test, and execute our monthly email campaigns for our B2B activities in multiple markets.
- Analyze & test new/running campaigns based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), evaluate their effectiveness and report these KPIs using our internal tools; ExactTarget and Google Analytics.
- Continuously optimize email and segmentation strategies to drive higher returns through testing of subject lines, messaging, images, offers, frequency, segments etc.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders, including Product (Hotel Relations Product Team), Design (Creative Testing), Business Intelligence and Communications.
- Investigate and present potential new techniques, concepts and technologies to optimize our current email marketing activities.
What you'll definitely need:
- 1-2 years of Performance Marketing experience (Email, Affiliate or similar).
- Excellent analytical skills which make it easy for you to problem solve and draw insights from data.
- Good Excel skills and a natural affinity for numbers/data.
- A good understanding of HTML for email and a hungry mind which is eager to learn more in this area.
- The ability to speak English (our company language) fluently.
- Intrinsic motivation which drives you to see projects through to completion.
- The ability to communicate your thoughts, needs and intentions (both verbally and in writing) so that any potential misunderstandings are avoided.
- A hawk-like eye for detail that allows you to spot even the tiniest of mistakes.
- To be a great team player who is excited to join such a dynamic team.
What we'd love you to have:
- Fluency in another language besides English.
- A degree in Economics, Marketing, Business or similar.
- Experience with web-based analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Doubleclick, Adwords, Kissmetrics, SEOmoz, etc.
- Industry knowledge or experience.
- A thorough understanding of fundamentals such as cookies, banners, impressions, user tracking etc.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.