Technical Documentation – Data Infrastructure
IT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Technical Documentation - Data Infrastructure
Do you want the chance to use your expert organizational skills to lead and develop a team of 5 vampires, ensuring that trivago still functions correctly when the sun goes down? Our DCO (Data Center Operations) team are going ‘batty’, looking for a skilled crypt-keeper they can ‘count’ on, one who will gather info and changes from our tech stack, and provide excellent documentation on our infrastructure, all the while making sure trivago functions in the dead of night. In this role you will satisfy the needs of many (wooden)Stake-holders, who will be very ‘fang-ful’. If you can visualize complex topics in a simple manner (even when they might not have a reflection?!), we want to hear from ghoul.
What you'll do:
- Provide expert written documentation on our data infrastructure.
- Lead and develop a team of 5 vampires (night-creatures).
- Create shift plans for your nocturnal team.
- Constantly update and improve existing documentation.
- Actively approach stackholders, to be aware of changes, and implement them into the documentation.
What you'll definitely need:
- A high level technical understanding.
- Fluent English (our company language).
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we'd love you to have:
- To speak some German would be a plus, but not mandatory for the role.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.